Monday, April 5, 2010

To Amanda

Dearest Friend,

I have recently made some observations that impress upon me the need to explain to you what I know about a sneeze.

A sneeze (also known as a sternutation) is an involuntary compulsion in which air suddenly heaves from your lungs and through the nasal canal and mouth usually to expel foreign particles which are bothering something in your nasal canal.  Sometimes people sneeze in reaction to bright light, viral infections, or even a full stomach (little known fact/s).

Furthermore, you often feel great after a good sternutation because leading up to the expelling of the air/particles, pressure builds to prepare you for the involuntary action.  I am not sure if your eyes will pop out if you sneeze with your eyes open; however, I am aware that if you hold a sneeze, the built up pressure could pop some vital blood vessels in your head/brain, and you could die.  Therefore, I urge you (and everyone) to sneeze no matter the circumstances you find yourself within.

A sneeze does not, however, make you cold.

Hence, when I heard you say, "That sneeze made me cold," I felt obligated to tell you that's not quite how sneezes work, and while it would be significantly intriguing if they affected the temperature, that is not one of their effects.

I hope this encourages you to grab a jacket or blanket next time you feel cold, and I hope you aren't afraid of future sneezes stealing the warmth from your soul.

Yours truly,
Brittany

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh man. this is awesome. but i am telling you what i felt, and the sneeze gave me shivers!!! AND it has happened to me before, so thanks for the detailed explanation of a sneeze, but it did make me cold. :D I feel honored that i have a post on your blog dedicated to me though! lol

Connie Babe said...

"God Bless You" came from when people thought your heart stopped or you were sneezing evil spirits out.

I think you shouldn't even try to sneeze with your eyes open...cuz what it it's true!!!!!

And let me tell you, I love to sneeze...after years of having a tooth that needed to be fixed and then I could sneeze without feeling like I was going to blow my brains out of my tooth...well, a sneeze is an enjoyable experience.

Which makes me think of Demi Moore and how she carries Q-Tips around with her because she says she gets mini-eargasms when she cleans her ears...lol...

Lady Winterhart said...

i thought they said god bless you because sneezing was the period of time evil spirits could enter your body. weird either way.
mythbusters tested the eye popping out thing and decided your eyes bulge out a bit when you sneeze and that if you hold them open your eyes will try to snap shut.

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates