Two posts in a day, I know. But I want everyone to know something that I can't imagine living without.
Laughter.
Little kids at the grocery store. Friends walking around on campus. Co-workers who found a solution to a long-sustained issue. When people laugh, it warms my heart.
But the laughter that melts my heart is the laughter of my friends and family. I love how I feel when I laugh, and I assume other people appreciate the touch of joy that laughter brings into their life. Knowing that people I care about are laughing just makes me so happy.
Laughter is the song of the soul. It's the hug of the human race. It carries many tunes and has more arms than a millipede. It reaches many ears and many hearts in ways that words cannot begin to fathom. It's created by happiness and it can create joy.
If you don't notice these things in laughter, open your eyes a touch wider. Never mind the dark laughter in the world, the laughter born of the cynics and pessimists. I believe if you look for the true laughter, and it will look for you.
Tuesday, April 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
perhaps that is why austin is welcome anytime...because i laughed so much...
and perhaps that is why i love my relief society presidency members so...because i laugh so much...
i don't laugh enough.
that is pathetic.
Mmmm... I love laughter too. And I love how you put it "the hug of the human race" because hugs are my very favorite things in the world. I just think this post is wonderful! :)
like!
I love laughter also. like remember the night when we sat in our living room just laughing up a storm!? that was good :D
Post a Comment