Monday, April 12, 2010

Monday Michael

So for the past 3 weeks, I've gone to my Monday institute class later in the day rather than at 9 in the morning.  This morning, I resolved that it would be the last week I slept in, that I was going to go to bed early so I could start the day early and invigorated (...probably not invigorated).  And then...

A boy sat next to me.  Didn't think much of it. I had an open seat next to me, and someone was bound to sit there.  And then the lesson started, and it was very interesting.  It was so interesting, in fact, that I forgot that I was sitting next to a complete stranger and I whispered something to the boy next to me regarding the subject of the class.

Before I had time to be embarrassed, he smiled and responded to my thought with a thought of his own.  It was very nice of him.  It was so nice, in fact, that I liked sitting next to him and commented two more times during the class.  And he continued responding and being friendly and nice to me.

So maybe it wasn't exactly an encounter of chemistry and sparks.  I never said it was.  I simply said a boy sat next to me.  I just made a friend.  And at the end of class, before he left, he asked my name and gave me his.

So maybe it's not such a bad idea to keep sleeping in.  It's fun to have a once-a-week friend that you can look forward to seeing.  Too bad we met so late in the school year.  I'll see you Monday, Michael.

3 comments:

Mama Greer said...

You should call him M&M

Connie Babe said...

you should let us know if you are friends with him next monday also...

Chess said...

I love that! That's the best. :-) And I agree with Kimmie. There were two boys in my poli sci class that I used to call the Red M&M and the Yellow M&M. They both had names that began with M. One was a bit dangerous and snarky (Red), and one was shy and quiet (Yellow). Haha. :-)

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates