I'm taking a British Literature class right now, and I'm drowning in poetry (I like poetry, but I'm reading so much that I feel like I'm gulping for air when I finish class for the day). My instructor takes this poetry stuff very seriously, even the funny ones like Tam O'Shanter. And he talks like he from the time period we are studying. He's pretty funny for being so serious. Anyway, with so much poetry linger-longering around me, I made one up on my way home! And I remembered it long enough to write it down (it is short). It isn't serious at all, so I was very proud of myself for not giving in to peer pressure to write deep, meaningful poetry. Oh, and I dedicate it to Jaycey (Kim, don't get your feelings hurt--I dedicated a short story to you):
My Pants
Someone told me long ago,
“Keep your pants on, son,” and so
I buttoned up and zipped them tight
And prayed and wished with all my might
That they should never come undone
So no one else will call me “son”
‘Cause I’m a daughter, born and bred
And I’ll be one until I’m dead.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
lol..
oh dear..
that's a good one daughter.
this is my favorite poem in the entire world.
you should write it on a plaque for me.
read my blog.
I'm not hurt. Now I'm just curious as to what you've dedicated to me.
And just to let you know, I'm annoyed with my english teacher right now because we're writings poems. Only they are not poems. They are random words picked out of the dictonary. You have to put the words in order of the way you 'randomly' picked them. This is not poetry, it also takes no talent or effort. But, I did write a real poem using some of the words; I will e-mail it to you sometime.
i think i liked lord byron 'cause he was meanly cynical about love. i think it was byron. it's not depressing, it's almost amusing.
I haven't written poems in a long time. I used to be really good at it.
Have you heard Timothy's knock knock joke? When I read your "pants" poem it made me think of it.
Call me, and I'll tell you the joke if nobody beats me to it first anyway
Post a Comment