Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The One Forty Story!

Just so all of y'all are aware...

This is post number 140.  Yes, I am happy about that number.  Especially because that means we are this close to post 144 (when I say this, I am squinting my eyes, stretching the word out, half-whispering/half-singing, scrunching my shoulders up, and pinching my fingers as close together as they can get without touching. So yeah, this carries a lot of meaning).

I thought it would be appropriate to share a funny story for post 140.

The other day, I went grocery shopping with two of my friends.  Don't ask what I got, because I don't remember.  It was probably something vital yet insignificant, like milk.

As the ladies and I headed to the checkout, we heard some guys on the next aisle talking.  One of my friends said, "Oh hey, that sounds like so-and-so."  Then the guys passed our aisle, and it was so-and-so, and he was with his roommate.

We were about halfway down our aisle when I looked at my surroundings and had a brilliant idea.  The execution was pretty flawless.  My friends started talking to the so-and-so boys, but they remained at the end of the aisle, forcing both parties to talk very loudly to one another.  You would think two groups of friends who ran into each other would actually stand next to each other while they conversed, but NO.  Wanna know why?

We were in the Ladies Aisle.  That's right.  Tampons, pads, pantiliners...blah blah blah.  It was just too good to be true.  So I, loving awkward situations, ask the boys, "Are you going to just stand there and shout at us?"

Oh their faces.  Poor guys.  They ended up coming closer to us, meeting us right in the capital city of where men do not belong.  They were not at all comfortable.  Ha ha.  An old man walked passed us and looked so confused about the whole situation.

I hope I got that story right.  If not, I'm sure someone will correct me as necessary, and it will probably make the story even better.

2 comments:

Chess said...

Haha, one time I was with the bf (at the time), and we couldn't find the deodorant aisle, which in and of itself was kinda weird, but we embraced it... yet he was still unable to walk down the ladies' aisle with me while I searched....

Lady Winterhart said...

their future wives thank you.

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates