Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Moms Don't Make Messes

Simple statements today:

I used to hate st. patrick's day because I despise that he killed so many people in the name of religion. I never found it a reason to celebrate.

Last year, I found out that my best friend's birthday is on that holiday, so now I don't hate the day, just the man and what other people celebrate.

Today, even though st patrick's is far off, I am reminded of the holiday because of my mother's post on her blog.  She said st patricks isn't a necessarily good day for her, but she was reading through her journal and found this entry on that day so long ago when I was 4.5 years old:

17 March 1994

Brittany was watching tv. There's a scene with a mother and daughter. The daughter leaves, mom tosses some papers. Britt laughs. I asked her what was funny. She said it was funny cause moms don't make messes.

Ha ha.  Just thought I'd share that.  Especially because she hasn't had the cleanest life.  I still hold true to that statement.  Because look at me.  I've had my fair share of messes, but I like to think those are just circumstances that I happened to be involved in.  I like to think that I am not a mess, and I do my best to clean up if I feel messy in the least bit.  Because my mom made me.

And moms don't make messes.

1 comments:

Connie Babe said...

unless their kid makes them cry!

no...you are not a mess. i made three great things in my life. you are one of them.

forever and always...love you!

-jo mudder

 
Free Website templatesfreethemes4all.comFree Blog TemplatesLast NewsFree CMS TemplatesFree CSS TemplatesFree Soccer VideosFree Wordpress ThemesFree Web Templates