Okay, so here's what I was originally going to post a few days back:
I hate ants. They are far too small and they can climb in any direction. This makes them the perfect sized-and-able foe that I am currently aware of (please, refrain from making me aware of anything else). I am sorely afraid of them and whenever I see them, I get extremely nervous (not scared!) because I just can't help but think that soon they will be inside my clothes and they might bite me if I try to get them off of me...
That being said...
I found ants on our counter! Like 20 of them, no joke. Ew! So I quick sprayed them with spider poison while squiggly-squirming and squealing, and I wiped them up and threw them in the trash and hoped that they would not mutate and come out of the trash while I was asleep and most vulnerable. I felt pretty safe, but you never know.
So imagine my surprise when I wake up the next day and there are probably four times as many ants on the same spot as last night! I know I wiped that counter off, so I have no idea what they were doing there, so naturally I was taken aback because they are obviously there for only one reason: to get me.
So I quick do the spider poison thing, and the trash thing, and start to make crepes. By the time I have gathered all of the ingredients, there are the SAME amount of ants in the SAME spot as before. I do the poison routine, and now the kitchen just reeks, so I go to get a fan. There are MORE ants. This must be a nightmare, right? No! It is real. So I poison them and I am seriously confused where these ants are coming from, because our kitchen is in the squat middle of the building. Holes in the foundation? Who knows!
Anyway, I grab a mixing bowl from my bottom cupboard and the bottom of the shelf is black and twitching. Um, yeah. That thing should be white. There are ants EVERYWHERE DOWN THERE! So I jump back and start screaming. Luckily, I am the only one home, so no one can come to my rescue and tell me not to spray the poison on the ants and all over my dishes. Stupid stupid stupid.
So pretty much I spend 4-5 hours battling ants who kept flowing from who knows where, then a night and a morning washing and rinse-cycling my now deadly dishes and also my roommate's dishes who happens to share a cupboard with me.
Dreadful day. Bah.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
we get ants every year. weird that you have them in the winter though. those little plastic ant traps are wonderful and cheap. i think they come six to a pack and you don't have to worry about poison getting everywhere.
This reminds me of how mom thought mice would come pouring out of our cupboards.
Ants flowing out of your counter. I dig it.
go to google...i seem to remember something about ants won't cross a chalk line...or something.
not that i'm all earth-friendly, but there has to be something better than spider spray...
and remember...to make the LOUD announcement that they are NOT welcome in your home and that you WILL kill them.
it worked for me and the mice.
that chalk line thing worked for a day on my front porch. now vash just has to worry about all the birds eating his food.
This reminds me of how mom thought mice would come pouring out of our cupboards.
Work from home India
Post a Comment