I had a weird dream two nights ago with President Hinckley in it. It was really cool. He was talking to my roommate Megan and I, just us. Really awesome. Too bad in my dream I was trying to leave the country because the government wanted to kill me. Other than that it was a cool dream.
But I am rather distressed at the moment. I like to eat, and I want to eat, but it hurts to eat crunchy things, because my right side bottom gums are swelling. Do you know why?
Let me tell you.
I am not good at going to the doctor or dentist. About 2.813 years ago, I was scheduled to have surgery to remove the root of one of my teeth, because it had an infection. Instead of going to this surgery, I went to Alaska with my family. I didn't remind my mom that I was supposed to have this surgery because it sounded painful and if she didn't remember on her own, I didn't care.
So I've had this dormant thing in my jaw that swells up every now and then and doesn't let me smile completely or chew a lot, but otherwise I can live with it. I might have to take care of it this summer though, because it's annoying and I like eating and smiling too much to just ignore it for much longer.
It snowed like crazy yesterday/last night/sometime today. I say we got over two feet. Megan says it's at least a foot and that I should go measure it, but I don't want to measure it. I'll just say its a foot and a half. In Provo, it only snowed 2-3 inches. Stupid Provoists.
I really don't know what to say. I just realized I haven't blogged in a while and I want to get to my 44th blog soon.
Oh! I found a new amazing exciting frustrating game called SEQUENCE! It's fun. Everyone should check it out. Especially Kim. Kim would probably be really good at it.
I went to the temple on Saturday morning with my roommates. It was amazing, although they did get us through really quick and they wouldn't let us all go together, so next time we're making an appointment and we're waiting for each other before we do baptisms, and I would like to just sit in the temple for a while longer because it's a nice place to be, so hopefully they wouldn't mind just sitting there with me.
Another exciting thing that happened recently: I had a conference with my nonfiction professor about my work, and he pulled out one of my pieces (not posted) and said it was one of the most potent things he's ever read (potent is a good thing apparently) and he wants me to work on it for the rest of the semester! That's exciting news! He likes my work! That always makes me feel better.
I like facebook now. Took me a while, but I like it. I don't use all of it's features, but it's a fun little fake social life with real friends that I could be actually hanging out with.
I think we should make "hanging out with friends" into "hanging with friends" or make "out with" into "outwith." Just a thought to leave you with.
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
brit- GO TO THE DOCTOR!!! I always enjoy your stories and your dreams by the way. And also, i would love to just sit in the temple. i completely agree with you :)
i echo your friend. you have insurance...did you lose your card? go to the dentist!!! i apologize for my part in letting it go years ago.
why was the government out for you?
we played sequence with ladawn, jesse, tamra & dustin a few christmases ago...they had the regular one and the states/capitols one. i love that game! bought it for gpa & gma ward at christmas...it is now their favorite game!!!
it's what i brought to the taylor party this last christmas...jaycey didn't pick it...she doesn't get to pick for me anymore...bryce is having fun with it though.
is this a long enough comment yet?
and thank you for this post. it was good for a mama to read...
and make an appointment!!!
Best of luck with your jaw, eating and smiling are important things in life, can't go without them.
When you say "hanging with friends", I imagine everybody having a pleasant chat after our own executions, just hanging, ya know? I'm interested in knowing the reasoning behind your proposition...
yeah, you might want to get that tooth yanked before they have to cut out a chunk of your jaw. there's something to think about. i'm thinking "sunshine cleaning" will be our next "hanging" movie.
outwith?
That just looks silly.
Post a Comment